|"3x013 - Wrist watch"|
|Season 3, Experiment No. 57|
|Upload date:||March 13, 2008|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Ryan Lewis (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#56: Glue|
|Next Episode:||#58: Ping-pong balls|
- Jory removes Sandra's plate for this experiment.
- Jory props the watch up on the Vaseline container.
- This is Jon's old wrist watch. The battery was virtually dead in it. Jon's current watch is the same design as the one that was microwaved. Jon has been using the same watch design for years.
- Sandra did not need a "love tap" to turn on this time. Jory was surprised and said, "It actually just started!"
- Jory puts out the fire with a cup of water. This is the first time a cup of water has ever been used on the show for fire extinguishing purposes.
- Jory wraps the watch in tin foil, to protect himself from the battery acid. All subsequent battery experiments never were wrapped in tin foil as a precaution.
- This is the first time we see the Vaseline-like substance on microwaved batteries. This effect will be seen countless other times, notably in the Energizer batteries and iDog episodes.
- Jory: They say, "Time flies when you're having fun." But does time FRY when you're having fun?
- Jory: Sandra is beautiful, Sandra is amazing. Those are just some of the adjectives I could use to describe her. More later, I guess!
- Jory: Watches, they blow up in a hurry. They're conscious of time. They know that we're rushing this, and we just wanna blow it up!
- Jory: So, folks at home, this thing right here is a wrist watch.
Jon: DON'T do that!
- Jory: I hope you're noticing a pattern that nothing here really IS good to microwave! Last season, we did a lot of fruit. Turned out to be good ideas. This season, we're doing a lot of bigger, badder, better, not-good-idea-to-microwave!