|"3x030 - Batteries"|
|Season 3, Experiment No. 74|
|Upload date:||May 22, 2008|
|Experiment Outcome:||Bad Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Ezra Horne (temporary sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#73: Coconut|
|Next Episode:||#75: NiCd batteries|
- This is the first experiment to take place completely outside in Jon's parents' backyard, without the normal tarp hung up. That setup would later be called the JCML 2.9
- The objects on the fence are buoys. Jon's dad collects them as they wash up on the shore near the house.
- Ezra Horne returns in this episode. He was getting ready to move out to California, so he stopped by during the season 3 finale filming to say goodbye to Jon and Jory.
- Starting with this episode, Jory wears goggles, a mask, and actual protective gloves in every episode. The exact model of gloves are worn all throughout season 4.
- Of the microwaved batteries, there were 2 double "A"s and one "C."
- Jory angrily rants about them losing Flix 55, the show's monetary precursor to the YouTube partnership. See the season 2 playlist for a video with more details on Flix 55, which no longer exists.
- The time on Helga said 7 minutes, but in reality, the batteries were microwaved for over 45 minutes to get anything to happen.
- The season 3 finale was filmed the weekend Jon graduated from Emerson. This is likely why Ezra was in Boston and able to be there.
- Jory: Welcome to Is It a Good Idea to Microwave This? I'm your host, Jory Caron. Today, we're going to be microwaving Energizer batteries. They just keep going and going and going... Right into my microwave.
- Jory: We have this giant tin foil shield. It's only at nut level. It's to protect our nuts, because nobody likes roasted nuts! Even though, if you wanted roasted nuts, you'd wrap them in tin foil...
- Ezra: So, Jory, have you ever had lustful feelings for the Energizer bunny?
Jory: No, no. I have kinda wanted to bang on his drums!
- Jory: I'm starting to smell the charring.
Ezra: That's the cancer. That's what cancer smells like!
Jon: Smellin' cancer, boys!
- Ezra: I feel like I need to be behind the tin foil shield.
Jon: You don't want your nuts roasted.
Ezra: No, my nuts are fine. I'm worried about my heart!
- Jory: And, judging by the plasma it was letting off, I'm guessing it's probably not the best thing for you...
- Jory: You may be wondering, is it a good idea to microwave batteries? If you have an extra microwave that's outside, it still probably wouldn't be a good idea, so don't do it. And that's about it for Is It a Good Idea to Microwave This?, I'm your host, Jory Caron, and I've been holding my breath this entire time.