|"6x003 - Lithium polymer battery"|
|Season 6, Experiment No. 136|
|Upload date:||April 5, 2009|
|Experiment Outcome:||Deadly Idea|
|Camera Guys(s):||Jonathan Paula|
|Additional Commentary:||Riley McIlwain (sidekick)|
|Previous Episode:||#135: Hannah Montana singing pen|
|Next Episode:||#137: Projector light bulb|
The boys decide to microwave a lithium polymer battery (or "lipo", for short) that they were donated. The battery did not explode, but the results were still disastrous. Fire of many different colors spewed forth from the battery, and Jory suspected that a gas had leaked and caught on fire. Riley naturally used the fire extinguisher for this experiment. Sadly, Beatrice did not survive her second experiment, and lithium dust was caked on her plate until episode #149. Jory and the gang thankfully did not die from lithium toxicity, but the long-term effects of the lithium are unknown and scary, which is why Riley declared this a "deadly idea."
- This is the first, and to date only, "deadly idea."
- This experiment marks the death of sweet Beatrice.
- Jory has said on many occasions how scared he was to go in the lab after the lipo battery had been microwaved. He has said how he wishes he would have been braver. Jory's fear is the reason Riley was the one who took the remains out of the microwave.
- The conclusion of this episode marks the end of the most microwave deaths in the lowest number of episodes: four microwaves died within 4 episodes.
- By 6:53, a click was heard on Beatrice's death.
- If Riley's suggestion of : 1 was used, it would be the shortest cooking time ever chosen.
- 1 second is also the shortest possible setting on a microwave.
- Riley: Honestly, I'm sorry but, this has "danger" written all over it. Jory just lost his Hannah Montana- a pen, a little pen! The battery was this big. THIS battery's about the size of a turd!
Jory: I've survived worse turds than this, okay? That's all I'm sayin'!
- Jory: We have these fans, to circulate the air, and, as always, our Sharp...
Jon: (interrupts) You said "fans." We just have the one!
Jory: Isn't that really just a technicality?
- Jory: And we have this Sharp carousel microwave. Her name is Beatrice, and she's a whole lotta woman!
Jon: I thought you were gonna say, "she's a whore"!
Jory: Don't talk to my microwave like that!
- Jory: That's one experiment, by the way, folks.
Riley: Number 3 for the season!
Jon: Lipo battery! We're gonna get somethin' f*cked, way up!
- Riley: (suggesting time for microwaving) How about one second, out of sheer fear?
Jory: No, I'm gonna say 9 minutes!
Jon: It's like the real estate market- you know it's gonna crash, so just invest big!
Riley: Hope for the best, plan for the worst!
Jon: Actually, I don't think anyone says that!
- Jory: Lithium is one of those chemicals that you don't wanna f*ck with!
- Jory: In the short term, it's not something you wanna do at home, but it seemed harmless here. But the long term- I don't know what it is yet!
- Jory: Where's the paper boy?!